Saturday, April 26, 2014

Columbus Short Leaving Scandal Amid Spousal Abuse Claims - People Magazine

Breaking News

04/25/2014 at 06:15 PM EDT

Columbus Short is departing the hit ABC show Scandal as real-life troubles plague the actor during his ugly divorce.

"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for three years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today," Short, 31, says in a statement.

Thanking both the show's creator Shonda Rhimes and star Kerry Washington, he also paid tribute to his fellow "gladiators" on the series "who have supported me throughout my entire career."

"Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas," he says. "I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."

This month, Short's wife, Tuere Tanee Short, filed for divorce and granted a temporary restraining order after all! eging he was drunk and threatened to kill her. She also seeks full legal and physical custody of their 2-year-old daughter.

Source : http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20811185,00.html