Thursday, April 24, 2014

Michelle Dockery Returns To Lady Mary As She Resumes Filming Of The New Season Of Downton Abbey

With the new season of Downton Abbey set to hit screens later this year in the UK, it was all hands on deck for the cast - including Michelle Dockery - of the hit period drama who were spotted filming scenes this week.

Dressed in 1920s/30s costume, Michelle seemed to be enjoying her time reclaiming the role as Lady Mary whose love life was one of the main topics in the last season.

Appearing to be dressed as if it were winter, Michelle was spotted laughing and joking with co-star Allen Leech who plays the role of Lady Mary's brother-in-law.

However, Michelle wasn't the only one on set in Oxfordshire as Hugh Bonneville, who plays Lord Grantham and Lesley Nicol who plays the role of the sweet Mrs Patmore, were also spotted in their costumes and ready to film their scenes.

Michelle and Allen share a joke on set (Splash News)

Meanwhile, the new season will bring some new faces following the announcement that Richard E Grant will be making an appearance.

Recalling how he landed the role on the hit ITV drama that stars Dame Maggie Smith and Michelle Dockery, Grant told Vulture:

"Journalists over the years have said to me, 'Are you going to be in Downton? Why aren't you in Downton?' I didn't feel like I could email Julian to say, 'Oy! Can you please write me a part?' He knows who everyone is. He was an actor."

Believing that he had lost out on the chance to be a part of the show, the actor went on to say:

"I would imagine if I had done that it might have had the reverse effect. So nothing happened, and I thought, Ah well, I've missed out on the Harry Potter franchise, and I'll miss out on the Downton phenomenon. Then a month ago, I got an email asking if I'd do four episodes, and instead of playing someone downstairs, like I did in Gosford [Park] years ago, would I play someone upstairs? I said yes fast.

"But it's possible someone else turned it down or dropped dead. Who knows?"

Check out the latest pictures of the cast filming

Play Pause

Source : http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/147444/Michelle-Dockery-Returns-To-Lady-Mary-As-She-Resumes-Filming-Of-The-New-Season-Of-Downton-Abbey