Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tori Spelling: 'My heart is broken' - USA TODAY

Dean McDermott entered treatment for three months after cheating on wife Tori Spelling for in December.

"It's been really hard and I miss him," says a weepy Tori, driving down the street in her big, black Escalade in the opening scene of Lifetime's True Tori reality series, which kicked off the first of six episodes Tuesday night.

What happened? Tori explains it all.

Here's a recap:

Dean and Tori have been married for seven years and have four kids. "Then in one moment everything changed," Tori confesses to the cameras, her feet curled under her as she sits on a big brown couch. "I know our marriage is worth fighting for."

Her first interview for the series (the one in the opening scene) was done on April 1. "Don't feel sorry for me," she tells cameras.

The reason she's doing this: Tabloids always get it wrong, she says, but this time they "got it right."

How Tori found out: Her publicist called and said a woman was shopping around a story about Dean sleeping with someone in Toronto. "I thought it would go away," Tori says.

Then, another publicist call, telling Tori the woman has come forward and is giving all the details about her two-day affair with Dean. The story was slated to come out just before Christmas.

Tori confronted Dean about it and "noticed his right eyebrow was shaking." She had never seen that before "ever, in our whole relationship." He admitted that he had met a woman, they had gone back to his room and they "just kissed." She didn't believe him.

Finally, "he told me everything. I nodded. ... I didn't want him to know how much my heart was broken."

The next day Dean voluntarily went into treatment. They spent Christmas apart. But still, Tori says, "I know that he's my soul mate, the love of my life and he broke my heart."

Tori has to go on with life. One of the kids is throwing up in her car as she's trying to get them to school. Wearing a tank top, her super-thin shoulder and arms are obvious. "Everything's really bad in my life and it makes me really sad."

Tori's best friend, Mehran, comes over to talk to her. He's her "gusband - gay husband," she says. They sit outside. "I know I'm still in love with him," she tells Mehran.

"This might not have a happy ending," he warns her.

Two of her other BFFs —Jess and Kate —meet Tori at a fabric shop to work on a project for Tori's website. While there, Tori gets a text from Dean that makes no sense -- to Tori or us. He apparently meant it for someone else.

"I'm ready to finally deal with this," Tori tells her pals. But first they go to a nail salon to get her daughter Stella pedicure.

Then they go home and one of the dogs is humping the other one. It's time for the daily call to dad. Finn, 18 months, says hi; Hattie, 28 months, says she loves him. Then the call gets disconnected just as Liam, 6, is about to talk to Dean.

Tori goes to see Dean the next day. Paparazzi are waiting for her. She wipes away tears and runs into the center, but not before stopping to put on lipstick.

Dean looks scruffy and stricken. They keep their distance, sitting down on a couch. Dean, the show explains, is there for "addiction, depression and the fallout from his affair. He's got an alter ego, Deano. Dean explains that Tori never liked that nickname. "Something about it is kinda like mover, shaker, douchebag."

The show tells us that the doctor has said Dean has been lying his entire life. "I've hurt you so bad," Dean says to Tori.

"Everything is on the line right now," he says.

"Everything you're saying right now is sounding very familiar," she says. "But I'm not at a place where I can believe anything."

She says softly, "I'm angry that you cheated on me."

"I cheated on you and I lied to you," he says. Twice. Then adds, "I don't want to lose you."

Over the past seven years, she tells cameras that she tried to change him. "I've been let down over and over again."

Then he says he "wants to come home."

She wants that, but doesn't want that. "I'm the type of person that would just sweep this under the rug. I just feel like I need to be heard. I haven't allowed myself to be heard." He urges her to let go, to cry, to "just slap me in the face right now."

But she doesn't.

He goes to hug her and she tells him not to. "I'm conflicted because I want him to come home too because it's really hard to be there with four kids and I would love the help, but I just feel like we're not there yet."

Because we have five more episodes!

Sobbing, she tells her friend Jess, "What did I do to deserve this?"

Source : http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/04/22/true-tori-spelling-premiere-dean-my-heart-is-broken/8033675/