Monday, April 21, 2014

James Smith On Britain's Got Talent Says He 'Didn't Get Much Attention From Girls At School'

Britain's Got Talent hopeful James Smith is just 15 years old, and now he's been tipped as a favourite to win the show after impressing not only Simon Cowell and his fellow judges, but also loads of girls.

The teen from Upminister is in shock that people are now setting up fan pages for him, and that he even has support from former TOWIE star Lucy Mecklenburgh.

James got four yeses from the judges on Saturday night (ITV Pictures)

According to The Sun, James said after his perfomance aired on Saturday: "My phone hasn't stopped and my Twitter has gone absolutely mental. It's all been positive and all from loads of girls and people setting up fan pages."

The star performed his own spin of Nina Simone's Feeling Good, where he blew away Simon, Alesha, David and Amanda Holden. Of the female attention he's been getting since his performance on Saturday night, James said: "It's all a bit overwhelming, but I'm loving it."

More:

 

Former TOWIE babe Lucy even tweeted abour James during BGT on Saturday. With Joey Essex adding: "My favourite audition so far."

Only James's close family and friends knew of his audition, so he admits that it has all been a bit of a surprise.

"It's so surreal. I didn't get much attention from girls at school before — but I hope that I do now," he said.

"I sat at home with my family and all my best mates to watch it, then when I appeared on the telly we were all screaming and going mad. "Afterwards, we all went running down the road, hitting pots and pans and screaming. My neighbours were going mental!"

Source : http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/147123/James-Smith-On-Britains-Got-Talent-Says-He-Didnt-Get-Much-Attention-From-Girls-At-School