Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jonah Hill Apologizes on 'The Tonight Show' For Making Gay Slur (Video) - Hollywood Reporter

The Tonight Show took on a serious topic on Tuesday, when Jonah Hill's voice shook as he apologized for making a gay slur to a paparazzo: "If someone says something that hurt you or angers you, use me as an example of what not to do.

"Don't respond with hatred or anger, because you are just adding more ugliness to the world," he said, while Jimmy Fallon listened intently. 

On ABC, Jimmy Kimmel caught up with Tom Cruise, who has just completed a whirlwind three premieres in 24 hours to promote Edge of Tomorrow. "London, Paris and then New York -- and you flew on Southwest by coach," joked Kimmel. 

"By New York, I was not responsible for what I said at that last premiere," said a jet-lagged Cruise, adding: "It was in the theme of the movie," referring to doing something over and over again like in the sci-fi twist on Groundhog Day.

Over on CBS, David Letterman welcomed Last Week Tonight host and recent cover star, John Oliver. The bashful Brit continued to marvel at how many billboards are plastered around the U.S. with his face on them.

"I don't think anyone needs to see that. There was one on a phone box near where I live…My first response [to HBO] was 'When is this all coming down?'" He went on to explain that the slower pace of the series is actually more stress-inducing than his Comedy Central job. "On a daily show, you don't have time to wallow in failure… but on a weekly you have a Jacuzzi of regret."

VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon Unveils Top 10 Reasons David Letterman is Retiring

Martin Short also appeared on the Late Show, where he told Letterman why he was invited to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding. 

Seth Meyers' guest Dennis Miller recalled his favorite Saturday Night Live moments, and told his fellow alum."I have only been on this floor once since I left SNL.

"I find myself in my third decade of following "Chopping Broccoli" and getting my ass kicked," he said of touring with his former co-stars.

Source : http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/video-jonah-hill-apologizes-tonight-709211