Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jonah Hill hurls homophobic slur at paparazzo, apologizes to fans: 'I shouldn't ... - New York Daily News

Jonah Hill was spotted out and about in Los Angeles over the weekend when he lost his cool at a paparazzo.Jixxer / Splash News/Jixxer / Splash News Jonah Hill was spotted out and about in Los Angeles over the weekend when he lost his cool at a paparazzo.

Jonah Hill has apologized for launching a homophobic slur at a paparazzo.!

The "22 Jump Street" star was caught on camera by TMZ over the weekend taking a stroll with a pal in Los Angeles when he lost his temper.

The 30-year-old actor turned angry at the photog following him, abruptly snapping back when he told him to have a good day.

"Suck my d--k, you f----t," Hill yelled.

The shutterbug was teasing Hill about his outfit choice earlier in the video, captured by the gossip site.

"I like the shorts though, bro. They are pretty sexy."

Hill made an appearance on Howard Stern's radio show Tuesday and sincerely apologized for his actions.

"I'm upset, because, from the day I was born, and publicly, I've been a gay rights activist," he told the radio host in an audio clip.

To "give it some context, not excusing what I said in any way, this person had been following me around all day, had been saying hurtful things about my family, really hurtful thing about me personally, and I played into exactly what he wanted and lost my cool," he explained of the paparazzo.

"And in that moment, I said a disgusting word, that does not at all reflect how I feel about any group of people," he continued.

"I'm not at all defending my choice of words but I am happy to be the poster boy for thinking about what you say, and how those words even though you don't intend them, they are rooted in hate, and that's bulls--t and I shouldn't have said that."

"What I said in that moment was disgusting and a hurtful term I should have either said nothing or f--- you, instead I use a word I don't use in my personal life, it's not part of my vernacular. I'm happy to take the heat for using this disgusting word but it would break my heart for anyone to think I would be against anyone for their sexuality."

The actor added to Stern, "I think I am pretty good at making movies but I am not good at being a famous person."

Source : http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/jonah-hill-hurls-homophobic-slur-paparazzo-apologizes-fans-article-1.1815235