Thursday, May 22, 2014

Watch Out Beyonce! Nicki Minaj Reveals 'Obsession' With Jay Z

Nicki Minaj knows that Jay Z is a married man with wife Beyonce but that hasn't stopped the rapper from admitting she has a huge "obsession" with the hip-hop mogul, who has unknowingly inspired her new album.

The 'Pills N Potions' hitmaker has named her anticipated third album 'The Pink Print' in homage to Jay Z's critically-acclaimed 2001 LP 'The Blueprint,' and it seems her admiration goes even further.

Nicki Minaj has nothing but compliments and praise for Jay Z (Apega/WENN)

"I think everybody knows how obsessed I am with Jay Z," Nicki revealed to Power 106 this week.

"He's always been my favourite rapper - him and Wayne. He did such a great job of creating this Blueprint brand for male rappers, I felt. And I studied a lot of his blueprint, just in terms of becoming a mogul."

Describing the 44-year-old rapper as one of her icons, Nicki continued: "I wanted to do that, I wanted to be like Jay Z. I felt like with what I'm doing, I want female rappers to be able to pattern themselves with what I've done one day.

"And I think the album is soooo classic, it's gonna feel so good and it will probably be one that female rappers will look to as a 'pink print' for years to come."

Nicki premiered her new single 'Pills N Potions' yesterday (Nicki Minaj/Instagram)

We hope so, Nicki! The 'Starships' rapper is remaining coy about a potential release date for 'The Pink Print' and says she refuses to pander to the immediate demands of the Internet-age.

"Nowadays, in this era, people want things so quickly. We don't even absorb anything. We're never in the moment, ever. We're always in the future," she explained.

"So, I don't want them to think about the release date, I want them thinking about the music. 'Pills N Potions' just came out - let's talk about that."

'Pills N Potions' premiered yesterday and it seems to have received a positive response from fans so far who have kept the track trending on Twitter for hours yesterday.

Nicki Minaj's Style Evolution

Nicki clashed with the red carpet in her pink ensemble but it was her green wig that got all the attention (WENN)

Source : http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/149855/Watch-Out-Beyonce-Nicki-Minaj-Reveals-Obsession-With-Jay-Z